cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICC profiles and Lightroom

LawrenceR
Apprentice

Since installing Mojave on my Mac the ICC profiles for Canon paper are not visible in Lightroon either for soft proofing or Color Management (in the Print Module). They do appear when I go into the Printer dialogue (which is communicating with the Printer Driver).

If I use Canon Printer Pro the profiles are available but I do like to use soft proofing in Develop and the Lightroom Print module.

I have a Canon Pixma Pro 10S and have re-installed that (downloaded the software from Canon) to try and overcome the problem. 

Does anyone have an answer or a solution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi LawrenceR,

I understand you are not finding the ICC profiles for Canon paper after reinstalling the driver (particularly in LIghtroom).

Try reinstalling the driver again, before adding the printer, ensure all Adobe programs are closed. On the ADD window, select the Canon version listed. If you are using the printer wirelessly it may take a few seconds to show up. Next to USE at the bottom of the window ensure that it says Canon Pro-10 series. Then select ADD. If it says anything other than Canon next to USE, the ICC profiles for Canon paper may not appear. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forums.

However, this sounds more like an adobe or apple support issue over Canon considering the "tools" you are using. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. Yes I agree it probably is more a problem between Apple and Adobe (I am also posting there). I am just hoping someone in this community might have had a similar experience. 

I had a similar problem after upgrading Lightroom. Before calling support, try re-installing the Canon print drivers. That did it for me.

Thanks for the advice. I tried re-installing the driver but it hasn't resoled the problem. I wonder if it is to do with Lightroom and Mojave communication.

The next step would be to open Canon's Print Studio Pro if you have it installed. Select the Printer Profile drop down. If you see the Canon profiles then don't bother calling Canon, they will say it is an Adobe issue.

Hi LawrenceR,

I understand you are not finding the ICC profiles for Canon paper after reinstalling the driver (particularly in LIghtroom).

Try reinstalling the driver again, before adding the printer, ensure all Adobe programs are closed. On the ADD window, select the Canon version listed. If you are using the printer wirelessly it may take a few seconds to show up. Next to USE at the bottom of the window ensure that it says Canon Pro-10 series. Then select ADD. If it says anything other than Canon next to USE, the ICC profiles for Canon paper may not appear. 

Hi Caemene,

Thank you. That has worked superbly. My mistake was not to reset the printing sytem and re-add the printer after I had carried out the driver download and re-install. Once I did that, as you suggested, the profiles are visible to Lightroom.

Cheers,

Lawrence

PS Thanks to everyone else who took the time and trouble to reply, it is very much appreciated.

SallyMally
Apprentice

I am going out of my mind … I printed 1 month ago using col profiles in light room . I have image prograf pro 300. I can’t find the profiles in soft proof mode or in print mode in LR. Have deleted and installed the driver multiple times w no success … I can’t see other profiles that I downloaded too ( non canon). Strangely enough was able to see Download bay photo col profile in the color sync folder and see that in the soft proof window in LR. Color sync utility is showing profiles only under devices . Yep using Mac Big Sur. Please help I am going out of my mind ….

Announcements