cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICC Files Not Appearing - Canon Pro-100 and Mac Monterey

canonsky
Enthusiast

I have downloaded and placed two ICC Profiles from Canson but they do not appear in the Print Studio Pro area where they should be; this is with Photoshop Elements 2020.  I have two other ICC Profiles from Hahnemühle that do appear.  Anyone have a suggestion on how I might fix this?  Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you try printing from Preview do they show up?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

canonsky
Enthusiast

No, unfortunately, John.  All I get is about 12 canon presets there.  Nothing from other paper makers.

Are the profiles in the top level folder path? See the path at bottom of screenshot:

Profiles 2022-03-12 07-43-36.jpg

They show up in Preview:

Monosnap 2022-03-12 07-45-19.jpg

I needed to trial Affinity Photo for my camera club. AP doesn't access the Canon profile location so I needed to put all the profiles including the Canon ones in ColorSync. I copied all the profiles from my Windows PC since that is my primary photo computer.

Private Message sent.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

It looks like the Monterey setup is different from earlier operating systems for the Mac.  I was able to copy a folder with Canson profiles from my Catalina desktop to the MacBook Air Monterey but still the items were not seen by Print Studio Pro. Also in this setup there is no information on the bottom of the screen as you have, just a note saying how many GB I have left on the disc.   I have a couple of screen shots to show you but I can't see a way to attach them to this message.  If you know what to do about the screen shot thing, please let me know.  

Thanks,

--Sandy

Hi Sandy.

You should be able to use Finder and step your way through. Select the hard disk, then Library etc.

I use an app, but you can do command-shift-5 for a screenshot

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

HI.  The screen shots are waiting to be sent to you.  No problem doing that.  But the whole setup between the older OS and Monterey is so different. For example, under Locations, there is only my name and Network.  Clicking on my name connects me to my nearby desktop.  Network connects me to another laptop.  There is no separate Macintosh HD listing, as there is on Catalina.  I had hoped to be able to use this new laptop for printing because the desktop is 8 years old and slow but it looks like I'll have to depend on the desktop more than I would like.  It is so curious that the Canson profiles don't appear in Print Studio Pro but Hahnemühle does.  I don't know if Canon can help, if I can reach them.  Waited 30 minutes yesterday then bailed out.  And they are closed on weekends.  Cheers

Sandy

I am using Monterey 12.2.1.

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.30.35 PM.png

For some reason we are getting different displays.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

maucamo
Enthusiast

Can you see the profiles inside Apple ColorSync? If not, some applications cannot see the profiles. There is an issue due to profiles version 4.3 and 2.0

Thank you maucamo.  What do the 4.3 and the 2.0 refer to -- Canon or  Canson?  The Canon website is on the fritz right now (Saturday about 5:25 p.m. pacific time) and doesn't recognize any Mac OS.  

Announcements