cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to intensify colors on new Imagegraf Pro 1000

pcunningham2008
Contributor

I received my new Canon imagegraf Pro 1000  about a week ago and it prints great.  EXCEPT that the colors all look greyed out!  How can I intensify the colors to better reflect the colors in my Corel Print Shop Pro and Publisher files?  I've read all the color management and color calibration info in the user manual and it doesn't speak to any settings to help get the color right.  Can anyone help?  TIA!

Frustrated user! Patty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No. They all set Standard Quality as a start. The Photo setting defaults to 4x6 Borderless prints. It doesn't matter which one you select; just go through and select each option to your preference.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I wouldn't classify greyed out colors as printing great. 

What operating system? If macOS do you have the IJ Series driver installed and not the AirPrint or Bonjour version?

Have you run a nozzle check?

Lets make sure your basic settings are correct.

I don't use either of those products, but the file linked below (a TIFF file) should be able to be opened in those products,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIYEVaNQBuYp2nUaWg?e=YkiS8A

Open the file and print it as you would any file. Do not make any edits, regardless of how the image may look on screen.

How does the print look? Can you post a cellphone shot?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

pcunningham2008
Contributor

Thanks, John, for your response.  I'm running off a PC laptop, running Windows 10.  I ran the TIFF and the print came out better than my previous efforts, but still not as bright as the screen shows.  How do I attach the images? Patty

Hi Patty. The image I linked is a calibrated image. That’s why the process is to print without adjustment. How does the print look? Do the strawberries ok good? what about the skin tones of the people? Don’t compare it to your monitor. If the print doesn’t look good then we need to focus on the printer. If the print is looking good then we need to focus on the monitor. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, the strawberries look "ok" as do the skin tones and other images.  However, they don't sparkle.  Now I didn't print on photo paper, just on flat card stock - which is what most of my prints and notecards are printed on.  It's the difference between "meh" and "brilliant!"  For the price, I want Brilliant!

Thanks!

Patty

Cardstock is generally a matte finish and some products are uncoated; both of these conditions impact negatively the image "intensity".

It sounds like your basic printing output is good. I would suggest you get some real photo paper like Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster or Photo paper Pro Semi-Gloss. That would be a true test of the printer.

Assuming that produces a good print then you would want to adjust monitor brightness to be close to how the print looks. Most monitors are too bright, and folks adjust the exposure to reduce the brightness which winds up producing prints that are too dark.

Canon DPP4 is a photo editing software designed primary for Canon digital camera files.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks again.  The answer may be that I need to change the substrate for my notecards.  The Photo paper Canon sent came out beautifully.  I have suspected the matte finish on the card stock might be the basic culprit.  I'll keep playing with it.  Again, John, thanks for your input.

Patty

I have the Pr0-100. If the Pro-1000 has a similar driver you can teak printer settings and save them as a "preset" that you can select each time you are working with a particular print medium.

Color & Brightness AdjustmentSave a settings preset

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

In general, then, does the Photo Paper setting provide the highest color resolution?

Patty

No. They all set Standard Quality as a start. The Photo setting defaults to 4x6 Borderless prints. It doesn't matter which one you select; just go through and select each option to your preference.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements