cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download icc profiles when they don't come with the installation of the printer?

Andrea1
Apprentice

My icc profiles are missing. I've tried to uninstall and re install my printer, but still no profiles. Can you send me a link where I can download icc profiles for the Canon Pixma Pro-100s for MacOs 12 Monterey? I need (other) glossy paper, semi gloss and matte. 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

ICC profiles for canon paper are installed with the printer driver. Canon doesn't provide a way to download them separately.

You said you uninstalled and reinstalled the printer; did you re-download and install the printer driver from the Canon site? That sometimes straightens out printer problems. I suggest you right-click on the printer and select Reset Printing System. Then reinstall a new download of the printer driver and re-add thye printer.

What software are you trying to print from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canon paper profiles do not load with Canon Pro 100s printer driver. I am forced to use a third party paper but would prefer to use canon paper but this is just not possible. Many attempts to rectify this has fallen on deaf ears from Canon support who have proved to be less than helpful.

Andrea1
Apprentice

I'm using Adobe Photoshop. I've got my printer for about a year now and always printed from Photoshop without any problems. But since a month or two the icc profiles are gone and I can't get them back. I've called and emailed canon many times and no one really helps..

You could try this approach:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Canon-color-profiles-not-showing-up-i...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This happened to me as well. Canon Support are pretty much useless.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. Are you on a Mac?

2. If so, are you perhaps using the AirPrint driver and not the Canon IJ Series driver? This is a common user error. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements