cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Disconnected part and don't know where it is supposed to go. Canon Pixma Pro-100

Dyerina
Apprentice

I was having the power light (white) and the resume light (orange) blinking continually in tandem, followed by a clanking sound. I opened the front compartment where the ink is and slid the cartridge box all the way to the right and found that my son had placed a paper towel in there and also pulled this out of place. Is this something I can put back myself or should I bring the printer somewhere to have this placed back into place? The printer is still blinking the same way and it is definitely not working. HELP! This is the link to the model I have. https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Wireless-Professional-Airprint-6228B002/dp/B0095F5BCS/ref=asc_df_B0095F...  

Canon Pixma Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer with Airprint and Mobile Device Printing. 

B65499AE-7479-4A5B-9B6E-9F9D1A36187B.jpegCF628A93-5E85-4CA5-B774-15774D7C73A3.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

That looks like an encoder timing strip.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Danny

Hi, Dyerina!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any additional details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you Danny,

I added the name of the printer and model. 

Greetings,

If thats the timing strip its not a user replaceable part.  Thats not to say it can't be done, but there aren't instructions to do it.

Also not sure if its damaged or not.

This is the KB article to clean it:

Canon Knowledge Base - Cleaning the encoder (timing) strip - (PRO-10 / PRO-100)

If yours has been pulled out, deformed or stretched, it may not go back in correctly.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements