cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Those in This Forum Unable to Use Print Studio Pro in Photoshop on M1 Macs

robnich
Enthusiast

Below is a cut and paste from my post in the Canon Printer Software and Networking forum in answer to John Hoffman's suggestion that someone try opening Photoshop 22 in Rosetta on an M1 Mac to see if Print Studio Pro will work: [Full thread found HERE.]

It turns out that in the Get Info of Photoshop 22 there is a check-box option to open Photoshop in Rosetta. I checked the option and indeed, after a delay during which Rosetta was installed, Photoshop opened and lo & behold Print Studio Pro does appear under automate, along with a PSP Layout Plug-in. After the layout plug-in is opened and the settings saved, then PSP will open normally. That's the good news. The bad news is that the Canon printer profiles do not show up, even with the latest Canon Pro-100 driver (non-Air Print.) This is the case in Mac M1 Photoshop with or without PSP in my experience. It is possible to print with Printer Manages Color. Luckily for me, I print my photos from my Windows 10 Dell desktop and not from my MacBook Air and all the profiles are available, allowing me to use Photoshop Manages Color.

Robert N.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Here is where the ICC profiles can be located and then copies to a location that will allow them to be used on a Mac.

Solution found for stock Canon paper iccprofiles l... - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Brilliant. Thank you. I followed the instructions and now all the Canon printer profiles are available even under "native" M1 when not starting under Rosetta. 

That’s interesting about PSP and the Canon profiles. PSP finds the third party profiles I have installed on my Intel MacBook (in the ColorSync folder). 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Actually, I was wrong about not finding the Canon profiles in PSP -- I had the wrong  printer driver selected in the Print dialog. The profiles are there now with the proper driver selected. I deleted the erroneous portion of my post above, as I didn't want to propagate misinformation.

Robert N.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements