cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2500 present during attempted head alignment

draughonc
Contributor

I recently printed an image and there was a single pass the width of the print head which contained a few faint lines. This was the first time my printer (less than a year old with light use) presented this issue.

I ran a nozzle check and the results were perfect - no issues. I proceeded to attempt a head-alignment using the Auto option. I completed the paper size and type correctly. After printing a partial pass of the color swatches, the process failed and error 2500 message appeared. Possible reasons per manual are clogged nozzles, wrong paper size/type, or too bright lights hitting the output tray. I attempted the process again with the same results.

I then attempted to run a Manual head-alignment and got the same result - failure and error 2500. The lighting in the room was not overly bright.

I reprinted the image and the result was perfect - no defects. 

Are there other reasons, situations that can trigger error 2500? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Thank you! I am using the Pro-1000.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi draughonc,

Because this error may be caused by a hardware issue, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for following up Patrick. Yes, I contact Canon Support a few weeks ago and replaced the print head. Still waiting on the ink carts...

Announcements