cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dull prints with Pro-100

jmeyersnv
Apprentice

Earlier this week, I purchased a Pixma Pro-100 to replace my i9900 printer.  My primary motivation was to be able to print faster, as I have been very satisfied with the quality of the prints the i9900 produced.

Yesterday, after I installed the Pro-100, I had both printers make prints of the same .jpg file -- a photo of a Bugatti Veyron taken in a showroom. The "source" was a 4MB file residing on my Sony VAIO notebook with an NVIDIA graphics chip; the paper was Canon Photo Plus Glossy.  As always, the i9900 produced a wonderful, vibrant picture using the factory settings.  Unfortunately, the version printed on the Pro-100 was dull and lifeless, with muted colors.  I then boosted each by 10% the color intensity and brightness settings on the Pro-100; again, while very slight improvement could be noted, the visual quality of the print was far below that of the i9900's.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do to bring the Pro-100 up to the same standard as my i9900?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have taken the printer to an authorized repair site. The technician believes it is a faulty printer head and has ordered a new one to replace it (under warranty).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi jmeyersnv,

In order for us to assist with this issue we will need more information.  Please let us know what version of Windows you are using as well as what program you are using to print the images.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have taken the printer to an authorized repair site. The technician believes it is a faulty printer head and has ordered a new one to replace it (under warranty).

mrlaw711
Apprentice

At an undisclosed store right now.  Epson's emo better and look better cosntructed plus handle things like canvass

Announcements