cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver conflict?

David_Pavlich
Contributor

I have a Pixma MX922 that I use wirelessly.  I just got a Pixma Pro 100 and was wondering, will there be a conflict if I load all the goodies for the 100 on the same computer that already has the goodies loaded for the 922?

Thanks!  David

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You didn't say what OS your computer is running. 

The Windows OS has dramatically changed the way programs and DLL support files are loaded and stored over the last decade.  With proliferation of multiple giga-bytes of RAM and and hundreds of GB of hard drive storage space, every application now has its' own memory space, complete with DLL libraries available for its's use. 

In the past conflicts arose because all DLLs were stored in a "global cache" and the latest install could overwrite an library file for an previously installed application, creating the type of conflict that I think you are fearing.  Those days were numbered with the release of the .NET Framework's virtual machine architecture, and are now over with the release of Windows 10.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the excellen explanation!  I just tried to ge the Wifi working, but that was a bust, so now I'm doing it with a USB cable.  I love my Canon stuff, but I must say, I'm REALLY disappointed in the USB cable supplied with the printer.  Luckily, I have a stash of longer cables.

David

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have a Pixma PRO-100 and a Pixma MX472. 

Both th installed wirelessly on a MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. 

Pro-100 installed via USB and MX 472 installed wirelessly on a Windows 7 machine. 

All installations work flawlessly. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements