cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark pictures

prowler
Contributor

I have a Pixma pro 10 printer. I use an Apple computer and my pictures are in iphoto. When I print a picture out lately they are very dark. I have talked to Apple and to Canon and still having the problem. I know that the picture i see on the computer and the one I print are not going to be exactly the same, but these are way off. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Was it always like this, or did it just start hapeening?

Any recent software updates?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

prowler
Contributor
No updates. It hasn't always been like this. I have had the printer two years.

Have you tried a nozzle check and cleaning?

Can you reprint a photo that printed well before and see what happens?

To be clear:

1. you are using the same photo processing software and computer operating system as before (when it worked well)?

2. you haven't updated either the OS or the photo software between then and now?

Download and print this test image without making any adjustments to the image:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I did a reprint of another picture that I recently printed and it was darker also. The one thing that has happened recently is I had to replace the print carridge. At first we thought it might be the Ink, so Canon sent me new ones. That didnt help. They sent me the new part.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Maybe there is some sort of calibration. I think you need to call Canon and lay out exactly what's been done and what problem you are having.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you

Boskey
Contributor

Dark printed images are often the result of monitor calibration issues .  Have you recently updated video drivers for your OS?  Have you changed monitor brightness/ contrast settings recently?  If so, re-calibrate your monitor and see if your images improve. 

Thank you. Canon went over the calibration on my OS with me and it checked out fine.

Announcements