cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color quality is very different from smaller prints to larger prints.

Zilla
Apprentice
Okay guys I'm really new to this so please bare with me as I'll try to be as clear as possible with what my issue is.

Upon receiving my printer I went through the process of setting up my printer. Once the printer was successfully set up I decided to test Out Printing one of my images on the 8.5x11 luster paper that came with the printer. The print came out absolutely perfect the color and everything was right where it needed to be.
I then proceeded to place an 11x17 sheet of 80lb paper that I normally get my prints made on at my local printer. All of my settings were set the same aside from the paper size and type obviously.
However
When the 11x17 printed the color was very dull and almost foggy. I've read and played around with color balance and patterns, intensity and all that but no matter what I can not get the 11x17 to print out as clearly and colorful as the 8.5x11.

It baffles me to the point I've almost given up,
Any help would be amazing!
5 REPLIES 5

Zilla
Apprentice
My printer is a pixma pro 100!÷

Is the 11x17 paper Canon paper?  If not, what brand and what settings are you using? If it’s not Canon paper do you have an ICC profile for the paper?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Zilla
Apprentice
The paper is not canon paper. The settings I used were the same from the smallet size to the 11x17. I'm not entirely sure what ICC profiles are or how they interface with different papers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What brand and version of paper are you using? Different papers have different color characteristics.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Also, are you sure you are printing on the correct side of the paper? Sometimes it is not easy to tell. You can check the correct side by setting a finger tip and touching a corner of the paper. The print side will be tacky.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements