cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color problem: Canon Pro 9000 Mark II. My printer now prints greys as browns...

aldurtschi
Apprentice

...and light blues as purple.  All other colors print out normally.    Folks, this is weird!  Using 'plain paper' as my media type and 'standard' as my print quality, it prints out correctly.  However, keeping the same media type set (plain paper) when I switch the quality setting to 'high' grey prints out brown.  And every other media setting, no matter what the quality setting prints grey as brown.

This happens if I'm using Paint Shop Pro, Word 2007 or Windows photo viewer.  My computer is a Toshiba laptop. 

I also tried printing grey using a HP laptop to the same printer and got identical results.

Any ideas???  I'm wondering if the printer is dead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi aldurtschi,

First, please make sure that the correct ink tanks are installed.  Please open the printer and verify that the ink is installed correctly.  From left to right, the ink should be:

CLI-8 Green
CLI-8 Red
CLI-8 Photo Magenta
CLI-8 Black
CLI-8 Photo Cyan
CLI-8 Cyan
CLI-8 Magenta
CLI-8 Yellow

Next, a test should be performed of your printer.  Please follow these steps to perform a Nozzle Check from the printer:

1.  Turn the printer on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder, and not the Front Tray.

2.  On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.

3.  After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

4.  If any colors are missing or if any horizontal lines are broken or missing, perform the print head cleaning procedure.

Please follow these instructions to perform a print head cleaning with the printer:

1.  On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light flashes one time.

2.  When you release the RESUME button, the POWER light starts flashing and all colors will be cleaned.  This will continue for about 30 seconds.

3.  Wait for the light to stop flashing before you resume normal operation.

4.  Try printing again. If the results are satisfactory, resume normal printing. If the results are not satisfactory, you may need to execute another print head cleaning.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Pro9000 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

aldurtschi
Apprentice

...oh, the toshiba is running windows 7 and the HP is running Windows 10...

Hi aldurtschi,

First, please make sure that the correct ink tanks are installed.  Please open the printer and verify that the ink is installed correctly.  From left to right, the ink should be:

CLI-8 Green
CLI-8 Red
CLI-8 Photo Magenta
CLI-8 Black
CLI-8 Photo Cyan
CLI-8 Cyan
CLI-8 Magenta
CLI-8 Yellow

Next, a test should be performed of your printer.  Please follow these steps to perform a Nozzle Check from the printer:

1.  Turn the printer on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder, and not the Front Tray.

2.  On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.

3.  After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

4.  If any colors are missing or if any horizontal lines are broken or missing, perform the print head cleaning procedure.

Please follow these instructions to perform a print head cleaning with the printer:

1.  On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light flashes one time.

2.  When you release the RESUME button, the POWER light starts flashing and all colors will be cleaned.  This will continue for about 30 seconds.

3.  Wait for the light to stop flashing before you resume normal operation.

4.  Try printing again. If the results are satisfactory, resume normal printing. If the results are not satisfactory, you may need to execute another print head cleaning.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Pro9000 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I change a cartridge in my markII 9000 but the printer have a error message. I said that the cartridge is not compatible... do you have a solution ?

I later learned my problem was a bad print head.  Problem fixed!  🙂

daddo-b
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem and the test you suggest does not work.
I wonder if it's the printhead dead.

Did you fix the problem?

Announcements