cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook & Canon PRO-100

djc6
Apprentice

Hello,

My daughter has a chromebook issued from her school.  I'm trying to print to my Canon PRO-100.  I am connecting to it wirelessly.

The Chromebook sees the printer immediately when I go to Add a printer - and it is recognized as a Canon PRO-100.  Once I completing adding the printer, if I try and print, nothing ever prints.  The Chromebook is even aware that the ink had run out on two of the colors - to it seems to be able to communicate with the printer on some level.

I have no problems printing wirelessly via AirPrint from iOS devices in the house like iPhones and iPads.

I upgraded to latest firmware 2.031 on the printer, didn't help.  

Any ideas?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi djc6,

The PIXMA PRO-100 is not supported with the ChromeOS.

To print from a Chromebook, Google Cloud Print would have to be used, but please note, Google is ending Cloud Print at the end of December 2020.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Wow, so when will you be offering Chrome OS support?  This is a pretty big oversight, especially considering most printers are now offering ChromeOS support.  Is this on the roadmap in a firmware update of some kind?

Announcements