cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pro 9000 mark 11 front paper feed problem

Vesta
Apprentice
When I set the front load tray for 19 x 13 paper : my steps are turn printer on set front tray for front feed, wait for green top light to stop flashing and then push smaller green light, when it starts flashing I can put the large paper in. This works fine until I go to my computer and tell it to print. Status menus state printer preparing for printing but all this is happening the Orange light starts flashing 10 flashes and a status with an error message front tray in is wrong and needs to be put back in place which is step one and then tap orange flashing light to resume printing again. Now I have the large paper all ready loaded so I can not reset front tray but have to remove paper and cancel print from printer menu as the orange light just continues. I have reinstalled driver rebooted computer added added Print Studio Pro and this happens pring from Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and Lightroom 3.5. I have made sure Lightroom and Photoshop Elements is up to date. Using the rear tray for smaller sizes works fine.
7 REPLIES 7

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi Vesta!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I print from 2 computers both with windows 7 professional. The problem happens from both computers so I feel like it is something going on with the front tray when I place it in position to print from the front as it has printed from the front many times before in fact I just purchased more of the large paper for some collage work. I will try again and write down all the things I am seeing as far as which lights are flashing and what screen pop ups are appearing about printer. Thanks

Good morning, retried this morning using Phtoshop Elemenst with Print Studio Pro and also tried with Canon easy print. I received the same error message: Canon Prp 11 SeriesUSB001 code 1281 with 2 steps (1) return front to normal position , (2) hit resume button to continue print also can cancel printing which is my only option as the large paper is loaded already after I cancel printing the the printer ejects the 19 x13 paper which I have used numerous times and is Red River Paper is 60# Polar Matte.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

please tell me you figured it out, I am losing my mind.... same exact issus

so, I've figured my issue.  I had the Pro2000 II driver.  Printed incorrect colors and made using front tray impossible.  The Canon dowload page said that with current OSX  did not have driver.  Manually selected previous OSX (10.9) and installed driver.  

Solved all my problems

Hope this helps someone, as my issues nearly caused my an anurism

Pro9000 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 11.7.0.0 (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9)       

life saver!!!

Announcements