cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro9000 completely bleached out black and white photos?

BuddyandElsa
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I had to buy the PrintFab software to even make this Canon Pro9000 viable.  I'v had it for so many years and my newest operating system (Yosemite) wouldn't recognize the printer without me buying the PrintFab software that somehow brings Canon and Yosemite together. Ugh.

So today the black and white print emerges from the printer completely BLEACHED OUT.

Any thoughts would be so appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do color prints print okay?

What happens when you download and print the test image from here:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi!

So strange that this test print came out black and white but I did not set it for black and white.  I called Canon Tech Support and the guy said it sounds like the heads are shot.  Time to toss the printer.  But this kills me to do so if there's any way to revive it, I would be so very happy!

IMG_6724.jpg

The "color" prints are coming out black and white!

I just tried my own color print and it came out black and white and COMPLETELY bleached out.

Ugh.

Check into the rebate offers for the Pixma PRO-100. Also, if you decide to get the PRO-100 go to the Canon eStore and pick up some ink cartridges. Canon currently has a great promotion with free paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Do you recommend buying the printer directly from Canon?

go here

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/pixma-pro-100

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the link.

Do you know whether its possible to buy this printer for the $379 price that an authorized dealer, for example, my local Best Buy, is offering and still qualify for the rebate that you mentioned?

Hi, BuddyandElsa!  

Best Buy is an authorized Canon dealer, so yes, you can buy the PIXMA PRO-100 from them and still take advantage of the rebate.  For the rebate's full terms and conditions, click HERE.

We hope this helps!

Do you recommend an extended service plan?

Announcements