cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro100

Cathymurd
Contributor

My Proi100 is not printing dull colors, as with other complaints, it is printing all wrong colors!  i.e. a black and white photo prints with the top half green!  I've tried nozzle clenaing, deep cleaning and every other option on the utility menu to no avail.  What is wrong?

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Cathymurd wrote:

My Proi100 is not printing dull colors, as with other complaints, it is printing all wrong colors!  i.e. a black and white photo prints with the top half green!  I've tried nozzle clenaing, deep cleaning and every other option on the utility menu to no avail.  What is wrong?

1. have you performed a nozzle check? (Or are you calling a nozzle check a nozzle cleaning?) If so, did it print correctly?

2. Try reinstalling the printer driver.

3. What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Cathymurd
Contributor
I’m using a Hallmark greeting card software and have done the nozzle check, nozzle cleaning, deep cleaning etc. the test page looks ok except the colors aren’t vivid - very pale.

The nozzle check isn't very vivid. As long as all the colors pront and there are no lines or gaps it should be good.

Canon Knowledge Base - Print the Nozzle Check Pattern on a PIXMA PRO-100

Has the Hallmark software ever worked for you?

Do you have other software you could try printing a test image?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Cathymurd
Contributor
The Hallmark software has worked fine. I’ve used it, or various versions of it for years. But I’ll try another software - good idea.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Have you used the Hallmark software with the Pro-100 before?

Can you post a screenshot of the Hallmark print setting page?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've used it for a long time, with more than one Pro 100. It worked beautifully for about a year with this latest Pro 100 but after  did Christmas cards using it, it started getting wonky with the colors and now it is just terrible.  

I just printed a photo using the Pro 100, outside the Hallmark software - just straight from Photos and the color is fine.  Does that means something is wrong in the Hallmark software settings?

That would be my guess. Can you post a screenshot of the settings dialogue?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements