cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-1000 won't take 17x22 sheets manually

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

Using a Canon Pro-1000, print studio pro and Moab Entrada 190g 17x22 sheets. 

4 times now it's failed. It keeps jamming in the printer, and I have to pull out the sheet, which ruins it. 4 big sheets ruined now. Any idea why this thing won't take sheets from the manual feed? It's not a heavy paper. I'm putting it in one sheet at a time like I have done with 11x14 sheets, but it's not having any of it. 

7 REPLIES 7

Darius
Whiz

Hi bellevuefineart.

If one of those sheets was loaded print-side-down, the PRO-1000's rollers may have been covered in the paper's coating, which will reduce their abiltiy to feed paper.  Try performing a roller cleaning, then printing again.

Also, open the front of the printer to check for any obvious obstructions.

If loading the paper in the top tray, ensure the paper guides are spread to accommodate the paper before inserting it. For either the top or manual feed tray, ensure that the paper is loaded print-side-up.  Also ensure the correct paper setting is selected in the printer driver; refer to the manufacturer's website for recommended settings and/or ICC Profiles.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This was moab entrada natural 190g, double sided, so the paper was in fact loaded correctly and the print side was up, as both sides are printable. It worked in top feed, sort of. The top feed caused such large sheets to get ink all over the back side as it ran through the printer, and these were cards, so i went through $40 of paper without a single usable print.

yes i was using the correct profile, and have the setting turned on to avoid head bumping or whatever it is. 

Hi bellevuefineart.

The PRO-1000 doesn't support use of two-sided coated paper.  You may try loading it through the manual feed tray to minimize the impact of bending and friction on the bottom-side's coating, though we cannot guarantee such paper will feed through without an issue.  Use of the manual feed tray will also minimize the chance for the bottom-side of the paper to pick up ink from previous paper jams or from the ink overflow (which drains to the maintenance cartridge).

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast
I’m sorry, with all due respect do you even read what people write? My first post clearly states that I couldn’t get it to work on manual. Furthermore this is a very popular sheet paper, and I stated I was using Moab Entrada, and as far as I know all their sheets are double sided.

The more I use this printer the more I regret buying it.

My hope was to test the waters with Canon and then start replacing my Epson’s with Canon, but clearly that will never happen. Between the many errors I get with sheets, from a printer that only takes sheets, and the lack of gamut in greens due to Canon removing green ink, the more I realize that as a professional printer I will have to live with Epson. Canon isn’t even remotely an option.

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

Denchamber
Contributor

I've got a fair amount of experience with 17x22 on the Pro-1000 and here's what I've found - first with canvas.   I have good luck with the Canon brand of 17x22 canvas.   It's thicker and heavier than Breathing Color's convas and Breathing Color gives me more problems.    When I have a feeding issue with the Canon canvas it's not as troublesome because I simply get an error message without the paper going through the printer and being ruined.   I just turn the paper around so I'm feeding from the other edge and that usually takes care of the misfeed.   Sometimes I have to use another sheet but eventually all works fine.  The feeding problem appears to have to do with how firmly I push down the sheet (in the rear feed).

As for the Breathing Color canvas, I actually like the texture better because it's finer.  But that canvas is more limp and the 17x22 is a problem regarding feeding.   It usually misfeeds and rolls up in the printer and you get a horrific sound like a Mack truck grinding gears.   Can't be good for the printer!   So I've given up on that paper (at least for the 17x22 size).    Interestingly, the Breathing Color 13 x 19 canvas doesn't give me the same problem.

As for 17x22 Fine Art paper like Epson Hot Press bright, I have had no problems feeding.   In fact the only feeding problems I've had have been with the canvas.

I think this is an important thread that bellevuefineart has started so I hope the discussion continues and I really appreciate Canon's representative commenting.

Thanks for the nice detailed response. 

Announcements