cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-1000 suddenly died

Michi_Dichi
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pro-1000 that I haven't used much. After a couple of prints the printer suddenly died. Screen turned black. I took away power and waited couple of minutes. If I turn on it shows the Canon logo and the print head starts moving, then the printer suddenly goes off and screen turns black again. This is reproducible. My feeling is, that some electronic component is dead. Has anyone any ideas? I am out of guarantee, getting it fixed will cost about as much as getting a new one. Also I would have to ship it. I am ok with fixing stuff and would give it a try if someone has an idea and I can find replacement parts on Ebay or alike. Help much appreciated.

Best, 

Michael

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am on my fourth one. They are wonderful printers. I used them in my business for years. The model number has changed over the years but the basic printer except for the ink cartridges has stayed pretty much the same.

Although I am sure you can fix it or get it fixed weigh the costs carefully first. They are heavy, really heavy, so shipping is going to be a problem. Finding which part is faulty and then finding a source for the part is going to be a challenge for the layman.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Michi_Dichi
Apprentice

Thanks EB,

I agree that buying new is much more straight forward. It still hurts to trash this printer and to spend money on a new one. I still hope someone knows how this printer works internally and can provide valuable insides what could be wrong. Seems the printer starts in some basic mode that relies on basic firmware and then switches to another electronic part that is broken. 
Thanks again for taking the time.

Best regards,

Michael

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you live in a big city check to see if there are any repair shops that work on printers. I live 40 miles south of KC and I don't know of any place close to me that works on printers. If you do find one perhaps they could troubleshoot it and give you as estimate of cost to repair. One last thing give Canon a call 1 (800) 652-2666. Tell them exactly what is going on. 

Agin, though, hassel and frustration levels are worth something!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements