Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-1000 - White band at bottom of beige/cream prints

DariusHosseini
Contributor

IMG_2183.JPG

Hello

My Canon Pro-1000 has absolutely no problem printing detailed and complex images on luster paper, but for some reason has always struggled with beige/cream solid colour. The issue is only present when printing on A2 sized paper and I have tried absolutely everything I can think of to rectify the issue, but to no avail. I have tried different paper abrasion settings, paper vacuum settings, unilateral printing, head aligning, head cleaning, top and rear feed printing, but none of these show any signs of an improvement.

I have wasted an awful lot of ink trying to get to the bottom of this, and have scoured google search results but not found anything regarding this issue.

If anyone would happen to know what the problem is then I would kindly appreciate the help!

3 REPLIES 3

DariusHosseini
Contributor

I should have specified that the problem is a faint white band across the bottom. I'd also like to add that it happens in the exact same spot on every A2 print.

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Darius, Thanks for contributing to the Canon Community Forum. I see that there is a faint white band at the bottom of your A2 prints. You also mention that you have tried cleaning the print head nozzles. Have you printed a nozzle check pattern? You can follow the steps in the following page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-1000%20series/EN/BG/bg-041.html

So I can better assist, please post a photo of the pattern that prints. If you purchased the printer within the last three years and you create a My Canon Account to register the printer, you may be able to call our technical support number for help. You can sign up for an account on the following site:

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/

After you add the printer to your account, you can click on the GET SERVICE & SUPPORT option in the left column of the page. Then, click on the PHONE SUPPORT icon to get the number that you can use to call in.

If you do submit another post with the photo of the nozzle check pattern, please provide answers to the following questions:

• What operating system is your computer running? (i.e. Windows 10, Windows 11, macOS 12 Monterrey)
  • What type of paper are you using? 
  • What type of paper is being selected at the computer?
  • Is the faint band appearing with other images (besides the one in the photos you posted)?

Thanks again.

amyncox
Apprentice

Hi there, 

Did you end up fixing this error? The same thing is happening to my printer, I don't know what to do. 

I'd really appreciate the help if anyone know the solution for this issue. Thank you!

Announcements