cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 nozzle check - off colors

donmeier
Contributor

I haven't used this printer for awhile but recently I've noticed that the colors in the prints are a slightly darker than they appear on screen.  I ran the nozzle check and found that there weren't any streaks but the colors were not appearing as they should (see below).Canon Pro-100 nozzle check.jpg

As you can see the magenta is practically the same color as the photo magenta as well as the cyan and photo cyan. Also, the black is lighter than the gray.   I replaced the cartridges and the result was still the same. 

I've cleaned and deep cleaned the heads but it still doesn't make any difference. 

Can anyone explain what I would need to do to get this to print properly again?  It used to work beautifully. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can go into the printer driver and ajust brightness and colors here:

Screenshot 2021-02-23 082459.jpg

But that shouldn't really be ncessary other than for some minor fine tuning.

Something definitely appears wrong to me, but everything I can think of you seem to have done.

Since you have Photoshop you could try downloading and install Print Studio Pro, but I am not hopeful it will change anything. Since it was working properly before the issue wouldn't seem to be general settings.

I can't think of anything else. Unfortunately, I don't think Canon offers support anymore for that printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Glad to hear you are getting where you want Don.

You could try this:

1. in the printer driver adjust the brightness and the color sliders (if they need it).

2. In the Main window select Save and save a setting selection with the name you want.

Screenshot 2021-03-06 055541.jpg3. Select the Always Use checkmark.

Then, when you go to print you just need to select paper and size and the Brightness setting should be remembered.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I think you may be onto something here, John.  I went to the Manual Color Adjustment page and ran off a draft copy of the Pattern Print preferences.  I could definitely see some differences, but unfortunately my yellow cartridge ran dry and won't print any more.  I've got another one on the way so I'll see what it looks like when I'm able to run it off on photo paper.  Please stand by for a few days and I'll let you know the results when I'm back in business again. 

John, 

I think I've got it as close as I'm going to get it. 

I printed the pattern for color adjustment and tried to match it as best as I could, but it still wasn't quite right.  So then I just set the brightness level to Light and that seemed to work the best. 

I'll try this later on some other prints but I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing so far. 

I guess this means that I'll have to adjust this setting every time I print unless you're aware of some way that I could make this the default. 

Anyhow thanks for your persistent assistance.  I was really just about to give up and buy another printer until you heped me resolve this issue. 

Don

Glad to hear you are getting where you want Don.

You could try this:

1. in the printer driver adjust the brightness and the color sliders (if they need it).

2. In the Main window select Save and save a setting selection with the name you want.

Screenshot 2021-03-06 055541.jpg3. Select the Always Use checkmark.

Then, when you go to print you just need to select paper and size and the Brightness setting should be remembered.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It worked brilliantly!  Thanks so much.  I was almost ready to give up until the last suggestion nailed it on the head. 

Announcements