cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100 makes terrible noise and shakes badly

TDKLEX
Contributor

When i turn my printer on, the orange light flashes, the printer makes a loud scratching and squealing noise and shakes really bad.  Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi TDKLEX. 

This issue can usually occur if the print head lock lever has not been completely lowered into the locking position. Please view more information at the link below:

A Grinding Noise is Heard and/or the Power and Error Lights Flash Alternately

If you continue to experience an issue, or need any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does this help diagnose what is wrong?

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/the-meaning-of-canon-printer-warning-light-flashes.h...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you so much for that, i'm going to try it tonight when i get home.  I really appreciate this!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi TDKLEX. 

This issue can usually occur if the print head lock lever has not been completely lowered into the locking position. Please view more information at the link below:

A Grinding Noise is Heard and/or the Power and Error Lights Flash Alternately

If you continue to experience an issue, or need any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much for the info.

Announcements