cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100-S printing irregular

Hillel
Contributor

Hi, I've been using this printer for many years now with my Mac and Illustrator Files. Something new has happened and I can't figure it out. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm printing out a calendar using either Japanese bamboo paper, Indian cotton paper, or Nepalese Lokta paper. I've used them all before extensively and always get the best results using "standard printing"  and "plain paper". but look - here's a good print colour and brightness wise - on the right.  The next time I print it comes out like the one on the left.

print 1 and 2 on bamboo paper

Another example: good print on the right; dark one on the left. The settings are the same as far as I can tell. Weird, right. But I know there's an answer.

prints 3 and 4.jpeg

I have the printer software set to use Canon Color Matching. The main problem for me is that it seems that all the settings are the same for each time of printing, but something is causing the difference.

any ideas, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should be able to switch to Plain Paper in the Quality & Media drop down and save it as a preset. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you run a nozzle check to be sure all colors are printing correctly?

Has your macOS been updated recently? If so, have you downloaded and installed the latest printer driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thanks, John. I have run a nozzle clean and checked and it looks good. About Mac OS, I'm using a an old Macbook Pro - 2013 so I'm only using OS 10.14.6 but I think my printer drive is the latest version - 16.20 - that I can use with my system. I'll play a little more today. The quality of the poor print looks like prints that I got before when the paper setting was wrong type - Canon Paper Pro and that always prints poorly when I'm using any of my handmade papers - bamboo, cotton, lokta. With Plain Paper setting I get the best results. But I notice that my default setting is to this Paper Pro Platinum and I'd like to change that, but I don't know how.

You should be able to switch to Plain Paper in the Quality & Media drop down and save it as a preset. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thanks, John. I saved a new default. And my printer seems to be doing well now.

Announcements