cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100, Mac Catalina?

londoneye
Contributor

Since installing Mac Catalina, I lost use of Canon Easy-PhotoPrint on Pro 100 Printer, is there an updated Easy-PhotoPrint I can use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lightroom appears to have more controls for prints over Photoshop.   There's a complete 'Print' mode within Lightroom that let's you use the entiire screen as a workspace of sorts.  In Photoshop, you just interact with the small Print setup dialog box.

You can also create photo books within Lightroom that can be sumitted to Blurb.

I currently have the Lightroom/Photoshop bundle which is priced very well.  Can't speak though if they have the same deals going on right now.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

No. One of a number of 32-bit applications that haven't yet (if ever) been updated by Canon.

If you don't have special features in Catalina that are important to you you might want to roll back to Mojave.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank for the suggestion,  unless there is similar printing program to Easy-PhotoPrint available? This may be the best solution.

I don't know of one; Print Studio Pro is also a program that doesn't work in Catalina.

What photo editing software are you using?

You might look into Qimage One. I can't post a link since the site is selling the software, but you can google it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Using Photoshop at present, will look into Qimage One as an option.

Rolling back to an older macOS is often not doable or practical.

Rant: As a full-time software developer, I find it very discouraging that major companies haven't yet sorted out the move to 64-bit.  Apple (as well as other OS companies) have given ample heads up (multiple years in some cases).    And, developer versions of Catalina were available since June 2019, so really no excuses for companies not to update their stuff.

Having said that, I don't know offhand of a free piece of software.  I personally use Adobe Lightroom which is indeed fully 64-bit compliant.

--
Ricky

Thank you for suggestion. Would adding lightroom give me more control for quality printing?

Lightroom appears to have more controls for prints over Photoshop.   There's a complete 'Print' mode within Lightroom that let's you use the entiire screen as a workspace of sorts.  In Photoshop, you just interact with the small Print setup dialog box.

You can also create photo books within Lightroom that can be sumitted to Blurb.

I currently have the Lightroom/Photoshop bundle which is priced very well.  Can't speak though if they have the same deals going on right now.

--
Ricky

Will look into the value of adding lightroom, which I have not needed todate. However, if it affords  more control of print quality it willl put me back in businss regarding using the Pro 100. Again my thanks,

If you define print quality as what you see on the paper then Lightroom won't give you any better (or worse) quality than Photoshop. 

I prefer Lr over Ps because I don't have a need for all the pixel editing features of Ps. 

Lr does allow for print templates that I do not believe Ps offers. 

Based on the questions posted on this forum Ps seems to be harder to master than Lr when it comes to printing. That was the nice thing about PSP; it set all the right switches. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements