cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Print Studio Pro crashes with Adobe Photoshop CC 2019

jerryprague
Apprentice

Hello,

I have Windows 10, latest updates, and Adobe Photoshop CC 2019, latest version.   I have installed many times the latest version of Canon Print Studio Pro 2.2.3 to the plugins folder.    Every time I run it, Photoshop crashes.   I cannot print using photoshop even without this plug in as it will only print a small portion of the picture.   I have tried everything, and cannot find any solution anywhere.   Many thanks for your help in solving this.

Printer is Canon Pixma PRO 100.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, finally found the problem.  Yes, it was buried.    I installed Acronis Disk manager to backup the hard drive.   It also includes a virus scanner that is fairly buried in the system tray.    I opened it up, and to my amazement, one of the Canon Print Studio Pro programs was on it's blocked list, meaning it would not be allowed to run.

Needless to say once I removed it from the blocked list, it started up and works like the charm it always is.

Leaving this here because strange things happen on our computers, and this is one of many.

John thank you once again, all the best to you and yours! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have same setup. Here is a screenshot of what is in my plugin folder for PSP. Works fine on my machine.

2019-02-02 (3).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Greatly appreciate your help.  Mine looks exactly the same.  On rare occasions it does work but 99 percent of the time photoshop crashes and i cannot figure this one out....

psp crash.PNG

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Maybe try reinstalling printer driver?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John Sir I have tried everything numerous times, print drivers reinstall, virus scans, check services app event logs.   I assume it's a problem on my system someplace but four days of looking and testing, even with Adobe taking remote control of my PC, no luck yet. 

You are an expert I know, is there any way around this program?   It makes it so easy to print from Photoshop and without it I am pretty lost as to how to properly print.  

Thanks John, you are a big help to us on the board!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I’m far from an expert, but I have been able to help a few folks.

Unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head. We both have the same primary setup - you have crashing problem but I don’t. Something outside of the commonality is causing the problem. One thing I do - sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t - is reinstall the software.

Outside of that I can’t offer anything else. You could call Canon at 1-800-OK -CANON and see if they can help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Well, finally found the problem.  Yes, it was buried.    I installed Acronis Disk manager to backup the hard drive.   It also includes a virus scanner that is fairly buried in the system tray.    I opened it up, and to my amazement, one of the Canon Print Studio Pro programs was on it's blocked list, meaning it would not be allowed to run.

Needless to say once I removed it from the blocked list, it started up and works like the charm it always is.

Leaving this here because strange things happen on our computers, and this is one of many.

John thank you once again, all the best to you and yours! 

Thank you for reporting back on that Jerry. That's something that might help others.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements