cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Print Studio Pro and Lightroom Questions

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I have some questions about using Print Studio Pro and the Canon Pro-1000 with Adobe Lightroom. 

First, I'm trying to setup a keyboard shortcut so I don't have to keep going to the menu. To do this on the Mac (10.14.5), you go to system preferences, keyboard, shorcuts, app shortcuts, and you type in the name of the menu item exactly as it appears. In this case it's "Canon Print Studio Pro". It actually shows in the menu as "Print Studio Pro...". I've tried both, and you can see the shortcut, but it only launches the system print dialogue. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.31.42 AM.jpg

You can see the shortcut is there, but it doesn't work. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.32.46 AM.jpg

Second question. I can't seem to get Print Studio Pro to work with the Lightroom print layouts. In Adobe Lightroom you can select print layouts to print multiple images on a page. But when I launch Print Studio Pro, it will only show the first image on the page. Here you can see the layout, and if I only use the printer dialogue box, I can print the page like you see it here. 

But this is not only more difficult than using Print Studio Pro, but every time I print a page like this, even if I select "1 of 1", telling the printer to only print one page, the Canon Pro-1000 always prints a second page. It prints it twice. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.28.49 AM.jpg

So I launch Print Studio Pro, and I get this, just one of the images on the page, and it seems random as to which image I get: 

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.31.05 AM.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi bellevuefineart.

I don't work for Canon, and don't proclaim to be a PSP expert, but I have played with it with my Pro-100. I really don't find it very useful for my needs. It bypasses the LR output print sharpening module and doesn't provide any alternate to that.

But, to address your questions:

1. PSP is a plugin to LR, PS and Canon DPP. It is not a standalone program so I am not surprised that you are having trouble with a shortcut. On a Windows PC there isn't a .exe file.

2. PSP works independent whatever module you are in in LR. From what I can figure out it grabs the image file and associated LR data to access the edited image.

3. However many images you select in LR show up in the filmstrip of PSP.

4. The layout you choose in PSP determines how many images you see on a page. a 1x4 layout shows the first for images. The contact sheet layout can show more.

I don't do multiple prints on a page, but if you find that LR doesn't do what you want you might look in to Qimage One.

Annotation 2019-12-19 145235.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John, I think you answered my questions. If you haven't figured out how to make PSP work with Lightroom and their print layout, then those two programs probably aren't very compatible, and really the only way to take advantage of Lightroom's print layout feature is to just use the printer driver directly. 

I actually have a RIP (colorbytesoftware's Imageprint), but it currently has many issues with the Canon Pro-1000, and although my Canon Pro-1000 is licensed for Imageprint as part of my licensing package, there are too many bugs right now with the Canon to even begin to use it (doesn't yet support non imageprint profiles from third parties yes, and the profiles that Imageprint has available are currently not at all good, and it has an issue where all papers required a 1" top and bottom margin, even on 8x10 top fed sheets) .

I'm trying to avoid using the standard print dialogue box as it's wholly inadquate, but alas. 

Thanks for the answer. I'll move on to bigger and better problems. 

Announcements