cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Print Studio Pro & Apple Macs to OSX Mojave v10.14.4

HMW
Contributor

I have Canon PRO-1000 & PRO-2000 printers and have a problem using Canon Print Studio Pro. I just updated our Apple Macs to OSX Mojave v10.14.4 and it appears Canon’s Print Studio Pro does not like the newer OSX.  One problem is that every time I re-open CPSP it does not save the settings from the previous print message, even if it is the exact same image file.  I tried Registering unique settings, but when I go to apply them I always get the error message that “the contents of the registered item could not be applied”.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   

Mark Weidman

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I called Canon Support and learned there is a new Driver for the PRO-1000.  I installed the new driver, but the problem still existed until I completely Deleted all of my Saved print settings and then created new ones.  Now, all is good.

View solution in original post

I tried repeating what hadn't worked before, following your suggestion, and now the probram works as it should.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-Pro-100-and-Print-Studio-Pro/m-...

Looks to be a Mojave problem. See above posting.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I called Canon Support and learned there is a new Driver for the PRO-1000.  I installed the new driver, but the problem still existed until I completely Deleted all of my Saved print settings and then created new ones.  Now, all is good.

I guess you mean the Pro-100, not the Pro-1000.  I have also been on the phone with tech people but even though I have deleted the saved print settings the problem remains.  It's an annoyance certainly.  The person I talked to was baffled by this and promised to get back to me.  If he does, and there's a solution, I'll post it.  

HMW
Contributor
No, I am running both the Pro-1000 & Pro-2000 printers with Canon Print Studio Pro.

I tried repeating what hadn't worked before, following your suggestion, and now the probram works as it should.  Thanks.

mfiorentino
Apprentice

I want to chip in here if there are others out there who have the same problem. Because deleting and setting up presets from scratch can be quite cumbersome.

I figured out that even if you have the same printer on the same network, CPSP does not think it is the same printer if you at any time re-install/re-add the printer in macOS. And that even goes if you register the printer with an IP or MAC address.

What goes on is that all presets are stored as XML files (In macOS Catalina: ~/System/Application Support/Canon/Professional Print & Layout/UserData/Favorite called "Favorite_######.xml"). In these files, the printer is registered with some necessary information that also is displayed in the application. This information is stored under the <Printer></Printer> tags.

If you re-add/re-install the printer, this information does not change (unless you change the installation so that you are registering the printer with its MAC address and before you had its IP or something else). But what changes - even if you did nothing but re-adding the already perfectly installed printer to the printer options under System Preferences, is a unique ID of the printer. This one is located at the <NicIndex></NicIndex> tag. If this ID changes, you get the error as described above.

So as a workaround, you can create a new preset with the "new" printer, then save this, open up this particular XML file and get the ID. Then you can replace this ID in your old preset XML files, and you will be okay as long as the data in the <Printer>-tag also is the same.

Cheers,

Massimo

I'm having a similar issue in that I have 5 macs, and I don't want to create a bunch of presets on each computer. I want to do it on one computer and copy the presets to each computer. But I'm running on Mojave 10.14.5. All our Macs are still on Mojave and I have no immediate plans to change that because Catalina has too many far reaching changes and issues still. 

Do you know where those xml files are on Mojave? I've looked and looked and don't see them anywhere. 

Hello there.

I realised that I was talking about Canon Professional Print & Layout when the original post was about Canon Print Studio Pro. The programs work quite similar, but I have to be frank that the XML files might be different. With that said, I believe that before I upgraded to Catalina, I found the same Canon folder under my Application Support folder in ~/Library.

Cheers,

Massimo

That sound like an interesting solution, however MAC File Locations and How to name properly would be helpful please.

Announcements