cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma pro 100 vs. pro 10

Mbelinski1995
Apprentice
I am looking into purchasing either the pro 100 or pro 10. I would be able to get them for relatively same price so don't worry about price. The photos I would print would be for personal use so longevity is not really a factor.

I know the big difference is due vs. pigment ink. I know pigment has better longevity but as I said that's not a big deal at all. Also, I heard pigment gives a more natural look. Dye gives more of a pop with saturation and vibrancy.

I need help in choosing between the two. I photograph landscape, cityscape and some wildlife photos. I am wondering which printer would be best for the photo categories I mentioned. Price of the printer does not matter because I would get them for relatively the same price. Also, longevity is not a factor because they are for personal use and not selling. Also, I was told that if I need to add vibrancy and saturation I would do that in Photoshop to make it pop more if I chose the pigment based printer.

Which printer should I choose??
3 REPLIES 3

Mbelinski1995
Apprentice
Also to what I just said. I don't print often maybe a few times a month. Would the ink dry out if it is pigment based?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In general, use dye inks if you want glossy color printing.

Pigments are usually better with black and white.

If you contact Canon I believe they have a service where they will send you a print on a printer so you can see output.

Can you go to your printer source and try sample prints?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Mbelinski1995
Apprentice
I could but the closest store is an hour away
Announcements