cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma pro-100 laptop can't find printer(?)

jenvdp
Apprentice

Hello,

My printer has sat unused for years - I'm now trying to print & get a message "looking for printer" for a while, then after many minutes, it's not detected. The power light is on, printer is plugged in, laptop is connected via USB.

I replaced the black ink cartridge & see the PC & Yellow need changing. 

Help?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, jenvdp!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks Danny,

I called Cannon and it was resolved - I'm very happy to say!

Glad to hear it!  For the sake of your fellow users who might encounter this problem in the future and find this thread, please feel free to share the solution!

it was many steps. the Canon rep had me check my wifi connection, push the power button and other 2 buttons on the printer several times in different ways as she assessed what the blinking patterns indicated. not a simple explanation... but she walked through all the steps with me. It took about 45min. good luck everyone!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements