cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro is saying out of ink when ink cartridge is full

lacyE
Contributor

Is anyone able to help?

My canon pixma pro 100 is saying my cyan ink is empty and it is full, yes the liquid part, I tried turning it on an off and that didn't help. Ink cartridges are too expensive for them to only work 10%104321947_1672024162956428_7020931288169263438_n.jpg104321947_1672024162956428_7020931288169263438_n.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check that all the tape is removed from the top of the cartridge. There is a tiny vent hole in the rear and sometimes the atpe doesn't get removed completely when the wrapper is peeled off.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply, doesn't look like thats it, it appears to be same as the others, and it as printing for a while, not sure why it stopped. 

Darius
Whiz

Hi lacyE.

Is this a brand new ink cartridge, or is it one that has been in the printer for a while?  The ink level is estimated based both on the ink tank's age and on the ink that has thus far been used.

Additionally, some ink will remain in the ink tank once it has reached "Empty" status.  This is to prevent the print head from being damaged by lack of ink.  Typically, the remaining ink level will be lower than what is shown in this image.

Is the ink refilled or remanufactured?  Canon genuine inks are not designed to be refilled, and so even if ink is added, it will report according to the last known good level.

Canon USA does not recommend the use of inks manufactured by third parties in Canon printers.

Canon genuine inks are formulated specifically for use in our ultra-precise print head. Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications.

Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased online at http://shop.usa.canon.com/, or by calling 1-800-385-2155 to speak to a Canon Direct Representative.

Should you decide to use inks manufactured by third parties in your Canon printer, and such inks cause damage to your product, this damage will not be covered under the product's limited warranty. Any repairs required as a result of such damage must be made at your expense.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It has been in the printer for a little bit, not a long time, but i have been using it, I use my printer almost daily so it definitely didn't have time to dry out. 

The ink cartridge s over half full where as they usually almost empty when I usually replace them, definititly didn't get my moneys worth out of this, and this is the second time it has happened to me. 

This is a genuine Canon ink cartridge not a refill. 

Give canon a call at 1-800-385-2155.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello,

I have the same problem but with the printer PRO 4000, the ink that has been leaking are MBK and PC. The ink leakes in the sub tank underneath the cartridge.  If you have an idea what could be the problem with my printer I would be very grateful. I have been trying to fix this problem for days and an additional problem is that I live in a smaller country so there is no possibility of printer service.

Best regards,

Dejan

So It never stopped doing this it would do a different ink every time, I did call support and they had no answers for me, but you can hold down the button (the one that flashes orange) until the orange light stops and it will print regardless, it will still tell you when the ink dries out completely, but I tend to check more often just in case as I heard running it dry can be really bad for the printer. 

Announcements