Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 10s Colour banding issue - Please help

Rachelsn
Contributor

Hello, 

I am wondering if anyone can help. 

Im currently having a printing issue with my Canon Pixma Pro printer. Im trying to print a typography print which consists of the letter 'F' on a rust coloured background. The issue that I am having is that when the image is printed, slight colour banding appears on certain points of the 'F'. Please see image attached. 

I have tried to print this print in other colours including magenta and yellow and it comes out perfect. Its just the rust/ orange colour I am having the issue with.

I have ran a nozzle test and the test looks fine but ran the cleaning cycle anyway. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Canon Print Studio Pro and also tried printing from Photoshop directly with no avail. I use genine Canon inks and even replaced both magentas and the yellow when this problem started to occur. 

Please, can anyone suggest why this may be happening. 
IMG_2819.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You seem to have taken the correct steps to verify and confirm the printer is functioning properly.  Since its only happening with one color, I'd contact Canon for assistamce.  1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi Rachelsn.

In the example provided, I'm not seeing any banding. This may be due to the resolution of the image or lighting available when the picture was taken.

While your screen uses an RGB color scheme (the additive spectrum), printing uses CMYK (subtractive spectrum) to print to page.  Try printing in purple and/or cyan to see if the banding occurs on the blue side of the spectrum.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements