cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100

Matthewsdad09
Apprentice

I have a Mac and a PC and installed the drivers on both computers. My PC has many additional settings when printing such as different paper types, adjusting the colors etc. When I print on my Mac those options are not there. On the Mac my only options are Black and White or Color. I downloaded the current drivers from the website. Was on hold over an hour with Canon so gave up on them. Anyone else encounter this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Matthewsdad09.

Unless there is some limitation in the software you are using (what product is it) it sounds like you have an installation problem.

Go to Printers & Scanners.

Do you see something like this:

Printers & Scanners 2020-07-20 19-15-00.jpg

or do you see an AirPrint version of the printer. Do you have the latest driver installed? 16.40.1.0?

I have full capability for my printer, just like on my W10 PC.

Monosnap 2020-07-20 19-18-16.jpg

If you see AirPrint select it and delete it.

Then add the printer again by selecting the "+" icon. Wait for the IJ Series version to appear. It could take several minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Unless there is some limitation in the software you are using (what product is it) it sounds like you have an installation problem.

or do you see an AirPrint version of the printer. Do you have the latest driver installed? 16.40.1.0?

Then add the printer again by selecting the "+" icon. Wait for the IJ Series version to appear. It could take several minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This is the screen shot from the PC as you can see when you select Photo Papers it gives you many additional options. As does anything with the > after it. My Mac has the same exact screen shot are you are showing but those options are not available. I am running Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac)

knh2rzyn.png

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Try reinstalling the printer driver. Sometimes the driver gets messed up, particularly if there was a macOS update.

You should get this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 8.28.07 AM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements