cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 computer can't detect printer

AnnMarie1
Apprentice

Hi! I've had this printer about 6 years and just got a new desktop computer with Windows 10 but when I try to install printer, the computer says "Caution! Cannot detect printer. Check that the printer is on and that the cable is connected, etc." I've tried putting the USB in different ports, I've disconnected it and restarted computer and reconnected it, I've removed it from the control panel and reconnected, I've tried installing the driver from the Canon website, I've tried installing using the original CD, and I've used the Microsoft printer troubleshooter - but I keep getting the same message... Not sure where to go from here. I've never had any problems with my old computer. Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnMarie1
Apprentice

Nevermind. Tech support was able to help me - it was a weird involved situation. Thanks!

Hi AnnMarie.

Was it something very unique to your situation or is it something worth knowing to assist others?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It was apparantly a unique situation. For some reason the computer didn't want to install the driver with the USB cord attached. In the end we were able to add the printer wirelessly to the network and then install it after that - or something like that... I'm not very good with this stuff! At any rate, it works now! Hurray!

Announcements