cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 - can't find ICC profile for paper

apops
Contributor

I am printing on Strathmore satin inkjet artist paper, 13 x 19. I cannot find any ICC profiles on their website. What would you guys recommend I do? I reached out to them to see if they had one, but have not heard back yet.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Exactly what paper do you have?

They say this about their art papers:

Can I Print on Your Art Paper? - Strathmore Artist Papers

They do have inkjet papers:

Inkjet Papers - Strathmore Artist Papers

Nothing seems to have "satin" in the name.

As a start, select a Canon media type with a similar surface - for a matte surface select Matte Photo Paper, for a glossy surface try Photo Paper Pro Luster.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I couldn't find the paper on their site either. It is called Satin Board, product no. 59402. The box recommends the paper be set to premium paper, photo quality, photo glossy paper. I printed out one sheet with the ICC setting to auto, and the colors actually turned out well. The quality looks pretty made even though my dpi is at 360, as the box also recommends. Should I set it to a higher DPI?

@apops wrote:

I couldn't find the paper on their site either. It is called Satin Board, product no. 59402. The box recommends the paper be set to premium paper, photo quality, photo glossy paper. I printed out one sheet with the ICC setting to auto, and the colors actually turned out well. The quality looks pretty made even though my dpi is at 360, as the box also recommends. Should I set it to a higher DPI?

Since you are setting ICC to Auto just try the different glossy paper  media options and see which prints best.

It is my understanding that the canon printer driver upscales or downscales as necessary to print at 300dpi, so I would just leave it at 360.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Okay. Do you know if the paper is the reason for the quality turning out so poor? It was inexpensive paper, so I'm thinking of getting better print paper and hoping the quality will improve.

@apops wrote:

Okay. Do you know if the paper is the reason for the quality turning out so poor? It was inexpensive paper, so I'm thinking of getting better print paper and hoping the quality will improve.

I can't tell you if the paper is the reason for quality issues you are having, but I can tell you that if everything is working right you will get excellent prints with the Canon papers. I recommend you get some Canon SemiGlos or Pro Luster paper and try that. Then, if you aren't getting quality prints we can dig into settings and the like.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements