cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 PRINTER PROFILE

isarmbedwards
Contributor

Hi,

I recently got a PIXMA PRO-100, and I'm kind of struggling with it. Today, I wanted to try and play around with the printer profile but I saw there was an update so I did just that.

I clicked on Printer Profile and I believe the choices have changed. I don't have the "Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster", etc. option now.  (Image attached of some of the choices I'm talking about)Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 6.21.49 PM.png

I chose Canon Cinema CLog2 just to try it out, and the printer outcome was just horrible. The photos were just blots of inks, and it's was really wet that I got ink all over my hands (still wet after an hour).

I hope someone could help me out. 

I'm on a MacBook, macOS Catalina.

Thanks so much, any help will be awesome!

24 REPLIES 24

Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.

I have made some progress and it may be either an ADobe or Apple issue.

I found the profiles in Library > Printers > Canon > BJPrinter > Resources > ICCProfiles and copied the Pro100 files to ColorSync>Profiles.

They now show up in LR - actually TWO copies of each now show up 🙂

This leads me to think that there is some problem wither in recognising an alias (Apple) or that LR is not finding or following an alias somehow.

Cheers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
The behavior you are describing sometimes occurs when the Canon IJ Series version of the pryis not installed. What do you see when you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It's set as the CUPS printer.

Cheers

So you see something like this:

Printers & Scanners 2020-10-04 17-41-05.jpg

If I understand what you wrote you see the profiles in Lightroom. If that is correct what is the problem you are experiencing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No, the issue was that profiles were not showing.  It seems that the key was in your last email.  If yu choose Bonjour or CUPS as the printing method, they are not visible.  I deleted and reinstalled the prnter using IJPrinter (I think that was the name) as the driver it seems to work and the profiles are visible.

That was a pain to get sorted, I appreciate your help.

I know this isn't a canon support forum, but if anyone form Canon does read it, please note that this is amongst THE worst softawre I have ever used for setup and install.

Cheers and thanks again.

Announcements