cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 Gradient Pink Printing Issues

MattFarra
Apprentice

I think I have just tried about every possible printer setting to get my printer to print the pink or the pink gradients I want and they never come through. I just get one solid colour of a pinky/red.

The gold gradient on my image comes through perfect too so I dont know what the issue is?

I design in illustrator CMYK and I have tried printing from Photoshop and Adobe PDF with te same results.  When I send anything to the local Printing Business the pinks and the pink gradients always come through perfect.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.?

Illustrator Image

RaspberryPunch-01.jpg

Printed Image (taken with camera not perfect but you can see that I dont get any gradient)

87301629_537924360161792_5235231900196405248_n.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MattFarra,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are all of the ink tanks installed in your PIXMA PRO-100 genuine Canon ink tanks?

Please insert plain paper into your PIXMA PRO-100 and press and hold the RESUME button until the power light blinks white twice, then let go of the button.

Does your printout look like the example below?

PRO100 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MattFarra
Apprentice
The printer is brand new and the inks are the genuine Canon ink tanks that came with it. All my other labels that print with a gradient come out perfect. It only seems to be the pink and yes the test page came out just as your attachment

MattFarra
Apprentice
Oh and I'm using Windows Version 10 👍

Hi MattFarra.

If other labels are printing correctly, then the problem is more likely with the image file.

The Canon driver on Windows 10 has a built-in tool that can help increase color accuracy for what you're printing:

Pattern Printing for Color Balance

Pattern Printing for Intensity/Contrast

Both of those links may be bookmarked for quick future reference.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements