cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Faded Prints? Ipad Pro / Macbook Pro

Tony_
Apprentice

Hope someone can help me out so i recently bought a Pro 100 and all my prints are coming out as if they are faded? i tried using photoshop to change the brightness or saturation of my drawings ( i draw on an ipad pro ) and i already downloaded the canon plug in for ps and tried different profiles but nothing seems to work. I have an older macbook pro (2010) not sure if thats the reason why my stuff is coming out the way it is.

thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Tony_

First, since you say you just bought the Pro-100 did you download the latest printer driver from the Canon support site?

When you installed the printer did you install the IJ-series printer or the AirPrint version of the printer (you don't want the AirPrint version if you want to use the full capabilities of the printer).

Download and print the test image from this site:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Open the image in PhotoShop and print it. Do not make any adjusments to the image, regardless of how it might look on your computer monitor.

After you do that come back to the forum and report how the printed image looks.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tony_
Apprentice
I probably should’ve mentioned that I have done all of what you listed above and the prints are still coming out like it has a warm/faded filter over anything I print.

Even the Outbackphoto test image looks faded?

What paper are you printing on?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Tony_
Apprentice
Yeah I even printed one for greyscale and I get the same effect.
I’m using some HP heavy duty project paper it’s slightly thicker than regular printer paper.

The Pro-100 is a dye based printer that is designed to print on coated photo paper. It sounds like you are printing on an uncoated paper that absorbs the ink into the base stock. What you describe is also what happens if you load matte paper rear side out. That's what I initially thought was happening.

Did you get any Canon photo paper with the printer? load a sheet of that and print the test image. 

If you want a heavier paper try Canon Photo Paper Pro Matte.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements