cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 Can't connect to Printer

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used my Pro-100 for several years via USB. I am now attempting to connect it via Wi-Fi to my home network which operates via a Samsung Smartthings WiFi Mesh. As the Smartthings does not support WPS, there is no WPS button to push to simplify establishing Wi-Fi connectivity. Instead it appears I am to reinstall the printer software and choose through its menu to configure the Wi-Fi connection 'manually' using the USB connection. Unfortunately, after installing the software, when the program attempts to communicate with the Pro-100 via USB it initially seems to be talking to the printer and then I receive an error "Printer Driver - An error occurred while communicating with the printer.". 

I have tried different USB ports (both USB 2 and USB 3) and also different cables. I have had no difficulty printing using the USB cable in the past. I am at a loss as why this is occurring. There was a somewhat similar post in the past but the user had a different error message that Canon Support was evidently able to assist her with;

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Canon-Pixma-Pro-100-computer-can-t-de...

Help!

Thanks,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bud61,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Patrick,

I am on Windows 10. Update: after about 5 more attempts on different USB ports and cable combinations it finally worked and I was able to establish a wireless connection with the printer. New problem follows!

Anything sent to the printer now stops in the queue with a 'printer - error' message. Everything is set up correctly (paper size, etc. - not my first rodeo). Get this: when I run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter, it passes saying there is no problem and then whatever is in the queue starts printing! As long as I run the troubleshooter it always cleans out the queue! How strange! I also not that it always outputs a blank sheet after the print job each time.

So I have a work around but it was only by luck I found it. A very odd situation. Not ideal as I suspect it will one day stop working. I can always go back to the USB hardline but I want wireless! First world problem, I know (but I paid for it nonetheless...)

Thanks,

Mark

Announcements