cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 10 Canvas size

bill_b
Apprentice

Hi,

I am trying to print a 13x19 Canvas using manual feed on Pixma Pro 10. It will not allow me to choose this size why does this not work. Is there a place to find acceptable sizes for each type of paper? When I choose Canvas it does not let me set a custom size or give me a selection for 13x19.  This happens both with print studio pro or directly printing from photoshop.

5 REPLIES 5

PT26
Apprentice

Depends what size you want the print to be. Do you mean a full bleed 13 x 19?
Well, you can try going down to Page Setup and going to paper size and go to A3 Borderless, That would allow you to change the max area and print area.... HOWEVER, it can be limited by the ICC profile. Take for instance Hanemuhle Daguerre Canvas , In it's setup instructions it says to use "Other Fine Art Paper1 "  for Media Type. (A3+ Art Paper Margin 30) That setting will limit the Max print size to 12" x 16.65" and will not allow you to alter the Print area or Borders. Now you could cheat it by using a different ICC profiles that allow for Borderless Printing  but then you will get a shift in colors. This is the same as using Matte Fine Art Papers. I have not found any successful workaround for this. Maybe someone else has

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

PT26’s concept is correct, but the specifics need clarification. 
The ICC profile doesn't affect the printer hardware operation, it’s the media type that is selected. 
Instead of selecting a Fine Art paper option try choosing a non-fine art equivalent like Canvas and set Minimize Paper Abrasion in the driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yep john, You are correct. I did say it sloppily. There is nothing within the ICC profile itself but it would be in the Print driver settings the manufacturer recommends fro each particular paper. The only problem I see is, as I asked "Did he mean Full bleed 13 x 19" because if he did and selected A3+ Borderless printing , that would preclude selection  of anything but Canon Gloss papers and grays out all art papers (at least with the Mac driver, Windows may be different). Now I guess that might work but I think (but I'm not sure) that the print head lays down ink differently for gloss papers than for matte type fine art papers.
Now of course, if he is just looking for larger than the Art Border print area and just chose A3+ (not art border) maybe that would give hime the size he wants

Hi.

What I was suggesting is select the Matte Photo Paper media type (which would be non-Fine Art) and see how well it prints using the ICC profile for the paper being used. I have used that approach successfully with my Pro-100 when I wanted to print 12x18 (i.e. 0.25 inch border) on A3+ fine art paper. I did print borderless once that way just to try it. I selected the minimize paper abrasion setting to raise the print head. I never tried that with real canvas (Red River) but I did use it successfully with Red River paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bill_B,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements