cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma PRO 100 - Colour printing issue

Arteleon
Apprentice

Hello there, I'm new on this site so welcome!
I have a Pixma PRO 100. I'ts about 6 month old now. I've printed about 300 photos in 9x13 on a A3 paper what is a Canon Plus Glossy II paper and I've choosen this media tipe to print. So there should be no trouble whith the paper or the colours.

As I was printing these photos my cartridges of course started to run out of ink, I knew this and I ordered before refilled cartridges. These refilled cartridges are super good quality so I wasn't afraid.

Then as I was printing I changed LG and continued, then changed Yellow and continued and everzthing was all right, the photos were beautiful as it has to be. Almost all the inks were changed and then were full of ink. 

Then something went wrong, but I don't kno what. The photos started to be stripped and messy but every cartridge was full. I printed a test page and a lot more, I tried cleaning, and I tried cleaning the printerhead by myself, it helped more but still not the best. Once the Magenta was missing, than Yellow and I dont know WHY

What should I do with it? Someone please give me advice 😕

IMG_20200709_205814.jpgIMG_20200709_205802.jpgIMG_20200709_205825 (1).jpg

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Arteleon.

1. check that all the wrapping plastic is removed from the cartridges and that there is no tape at the rear of the cartridge blocking the vent hole.

2. you say you printed 300 photos, but the nozzle check page only reports 50-100.

3. you say it worked fine with Canon ink but started acting up with third party ink. I would get a real Canon ink cartridge and see if that restores proper printing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Arteleon
Apprentice
Yes I checked and all was removed. And yes it started printing wrong with the other ink, but not at the beginning just after about 20 photos.

Arteleon
Apprentice
And these photos were on A3 paper, so thats about 50 papers... 😕
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements