cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO-1000 Colour Printing Weird

Smithkm
Apprentice

I just started up my printer after a little while and now when I print the colour is way out of wack - especially the blues. I'm trying to print an image with a turqiouise lake, but no matter what settings I use, the printer is turning is a dark blue. I use all canon inks, installed the up to date drivers, use paper specific profiles, unplugged, restarted, used different programs to print from. I've printed this image several times with this exsact printer and it usually turns out perfect. I ran all the usual diagnostics too, print head alignment, nozzle check, tried recalibrating the colour and removing those settings. I'm at a loss for what to try next. 

Any ideas as to why the printer would start printing colours so strange? Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Smithkm
Apprentice

I was finally able to fix it. In case anyone else runs into this... I deleted all the Canon software on my computer, deleted my icc profiles, and uninstalled the printer. I restarted and downloaded the Pro-1000 installer package and ICC profiles again. Seems to work fine again. Hurray! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pjglad
Enthusiast

I have a Pro-1000 and I've always had issues with blue.

Smithkm
Apprentice

I was finally able to fix it. In case anyone else runs into this... I deleted all the Canon software on my computer, deleted my icc profiles, and uninstalled the printer. I restarted and downloaded the Pro-1000 installer package and ICC profiles again. Seems to work fine again. Hurray! 

Announcements