cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO-100 can't print panorama

kenabr
Contributor

I'm trying to print a 13x25.5 print on matt paper. Lightroom shows my cell size as12.72x25.40. I keep getting a message that the media type or paper size are not set correctly. What am I doing wrong

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What paper are you using and what settings have you set? Can you postcthe printer setting page?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I can't figure out how to post the setup page but Ive got custom setting with 13in. width and 26 in. height printing in portrait orientation

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Pro 100 max print size is 13 x 19

Paper Sizes 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, 11 x 17, 13 x 19

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes those are the normal sizes however it is capable of printing  as a custom paper size of 13 x 26+. For some reason Canon restricts the Pro 100 to 26+ inches long my previous Epson could print to 38 inches and beyond. Why Canon has this restriction I'll never know.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you selecting Custom print size in the driver?

Annotation 2019-11-30 103858.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

yes, I have selected custom under preferences and set it for 13,00 inches x 26 inches. When I hit print it sends the message the media type  and paper size are not set correct. Click cancel printing, change the media type or paper sizesetting and print again. I'm using Lioghtroom classic and used page setup in Lightroom. The crazy thing is I had this happen before trying to print this size but eventually was able to print. I can seem to find the answer after two days of trying.

I had the same problem. You must show the width as 12.75 to get it to print

I spec'd the heighth to 12.95. Worked like a charm! Beautiful print first time. It helped to have a compoiste HDR pano. I'll shoot 10+ frames, auto stitch in PShop. I also bracket to make the HDR composite. One file is 600mb. Tack sharp! 

Some have expressed a desire to go wider than 26", but 13x26 is as odd an aspect ratio as I would want. Goes into a standard 20x30' frame. Thank you Canon -and the forum experts here!

My page setup looks exactly like the one you posted Jr. Hoffman

Announcements