cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IPF Prograf 6400 not able to download print job logbook anymore on the computer

dentingerc
Apprentice

Dear Community,

I am getting a problem since few weeks in Status Monitor - in accounting tab (button with calculator and coins).

When i click on the button, no pop up windows appears anymore - usually there are icons with hourglass turning around and after few seconds the log book appears .

FYI prints work fine, reboot of laptop & printer didn't help.

If anyone has any idea or came across similar problem i would be glad to hear.

I was thinking that maybe the quantity of logs has grown to long so maybe some purge will be needed.

Or maybe some recent OS patch causing problem (I am running Windows 10 64 bits and status monitor 25.70).

In parallel i will try to install all drivers from another laptop and compare.

Thanks!

Christophe from France.

5 REPLIES 5

dentingerc
Apprentice

Hello here are the latest results with my recent tests.

I have installed the driver and IPF Status monitor on 2 other laptops.

This time the print jobs report are behind pulled from printer.

However here is my problem:  Only the last 32 jobs are shown / downloaded.

I have tried to search in the menus but no options shows up to limit the jobs downloaded, i expect that maybe something might have changed on the printer.

Any idea / solution welcome,

Thanks!

C. Dentinger

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Christophe from France (a.k.a dentingerc),

The length of the log (which only keeps the last ~256 jobs) would not cause what you have described.  Most likely the Accounting Manager is corrupt so uninstalling and re-installing the Status Monitor should resolve your issue.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Sonya,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I will reinstall the IPF prograf status monitor on the laptop were it doesn't work anymore and let you know about the results.

I have installed the driver and status monitor on 3 other laptops (win7 and windows 10), it works but only shows the last 32 jobs. I am afraid this will give same result on the original laptop from where i was managing the printer ?

Is there a setting somewhere in the status manager or on the printer itself to tune this setting?

Another way but status monitor to get all print jobs report from the printer.

thanks!

Christophe Dentinger

Hello Christophe Dentinger (a.k.a dentingerc),

The Status Monitor acquires the Job Log information directly from your iPF6400.  So when you reinstall the Status Monitor on the original laptop, it will also acquire the real-time information from your iPF6400 and display that information (which appears to be 32 jobs).

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, sorry but i think i maybe did not explain correctly.

I have this printer since more than 3 years now. Till end of next year in the orginal laptop i was able to acquire all the print jobs since the very first one printed 3 years ago. and suddently end of last year it didn't work anymore. I missed quite a few pring jobs from January to March - is there a way to see which print jobs are currently stored on the printer itself?  How to make sure i will again aquire all print jobs and not only the 32 last ones? A kind of dump or debug mode which would contain all this information?

That's my problem, let me know if it's more clear please

Thanks for your help,

C. Dentinger

Announcements