cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Fine Art Natural/White paper on Canon Pro-1000

rdeloe
Apprentice

This is definitely a Canon paper... says so on the box. However, no ICC installs with the Canon Pro-1000 software, and it's not a listed paper on the printer's panel.

I tracked down a Canon data sheet at a vendor's site: https://shop.arcsupplies.com/store/docs/pdf/Canon_FineArtNatural230gsm_DataSheet.pdf

The recommended printer driver and control panel settings (HW Fine Art) produce mediocre results.

Does anyone know if there's better information for this paper?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you download the Pro-2000 driver and try using the ICC profile for the paper from the Pro-2000 when printing from the Pro-1000. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

rdeloe
Apprentice

I did not! Never thought of that. Great idea.

However, is it possible to get just the ICC? I don't see that option on the software page for that printer.

I don't think so; I have never seen Canon paper profiles available by themselves.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

rdeloe
Apprentice

I suspected that. 😞

To be honest, I'm not sure it's worth the bother. Since posting that question, I made my own ICC profile and did some more testing. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's just not a good paper. I can't get anything approaching a good black on that paper. Pure black prints as a kind of muddy dark grey.

I think there's a reason it's not for sale anymore except on closeout prices...

Oh well. Thanks anyway for trying John.

Announcements