cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't print in B&W

wsg7562
Contributor

HI all,

I am having the hardest time trying to print a black and white image without it having a blue color tint. I have tried from Lightroom. Changed image to b&w. Chose the correct paper and profile and selected "print in b&w" in the dialog box. Chose the correct profile for the paper I was using. I keep getting black, white and blueish prints. So I bring the photo into photoshop, change it to a grayscale image, go through all the same procedure in Photoshop print options. bing, bang, boom same thing. Short of taking out the color ink and just using the 1 black and 2 grey inks, I am at a loss as to what to do. Wasted a good deal of ink and 13x19 paper.

Also, I downloaded the newest version of Canon printing plugin and tried printing from there. I chose the black and white setting and then made sure that there was no tint in the options. I was printing the image that I changed to grayscale so there should be no color information in the file to print.

I am using Mojave 10.14.5 on a 27" 2017 imac. My printer is a Canon Pixma Pro 100. I am trying to print on Red River 88lb Arctic Matte paper. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wsg7562,

First, please make sure that all of the ink tanks inserted in your PIXMA PRO-100 are genuine Canon ink tanks.

Once you have confirmed that all of the ink tanks are genuine Canon ink tanks, please print a test page.  Please load plain paper in your PIXMA PRO-100 and then press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks white twice, then let go of the button.

Please compare your printout with this example:

PRO100 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you are on a Mac I have a question:

1. If you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you have the IJ Series version of the printer (which you want) or the AirPrint version (which you don't want)?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the replys. I discovered that my black cartridge was clogged and I guess the printer was trying to compensate by using the cyan ink. I changed out the black cartridge and everything is fine now. I am surprised that when I contacted Canon that they didn't even suggest that as a possibility. Oh well, alls well that ends well.

Announcements