cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please help a new owner of a Pixma Pro-100 with a color cast problem?

RichardN
Apprentice

Despite setting it up correctly with the drivers supplied on the CD for my Windows 7 64-bit laptop, I'm getting a slight pink color cast on both Canon's Fine Art Museum Etching and Glossy Plus II papers. It is neither a monitor calibration nor a software processing (white balance) issue, since I printed exactly the same file on my old Pixma IP4840 without any problem whatsoever. Unfortunately the IP4840 cannot handle the heavier grade media, nor print exhibition grade quality.

I have tried adjusting the C, M, Y values according to the print pattern as recommended, without any significant improvement. I have used both the Pro and ICC profiles with similar lack of success.

In desperation I downloaded the 32-bit driver to try on my Windows 8 desktop, also to no avail.

I'm sincerely hoping there's a simple solution to what has thus far been a disappointing debut to the Pro series.

Kindest regards,

Richard 

2 REPLIES 2

njcollinsimages
Apprentice

Dear Richard, 

I have had this problem since buying a Pixma iP8750.  I am a professional photographer and I print and frame all my own work.  I recently had an exhibition of black and white photos, and was driven to distraction by this problem.  I TRAWLED the internet for a solution, and I must say that MANY people have experienced the same problem.

I DID manage to solve it however, and also ensured that this ridiculously irritating problem would no longer bug me.

I threw out my Canon printer and brought an HP one.  The colour cast is (so far) perfect monitor-to-page colour rendering, and I can now rely on ym prints to look exactly the way I want them to.

Nick Collins

Dear Nick,

Thank you for taking time to reply. I'm so glad to hear your problem has been solved! Having enjoyed fantastic results over the years with Canon products (printers, cameras, lenses) I was more than a little surprised and disappointed with an unexpected let-down by a relatively high end printer. Since it would appear I am not the only one experiencing the problem, I sincerely trust Canon is taking this to heart. My very best wishes for every aspect of your photographic career!

Kind regards,

Richard

Announcements