cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avery Labels Keep Smudging - imagePROGRAF PRO-300

bubbletalk
Apprentice

I have tried both glossy and matte Avery labels, but they keep smudging. I have experimented with different settings, such as matte, plain paper and pro glossy, but none of them seem to work without some smudging. I have not found any helpful resources that tell me about the right settings for Avery labels for the printer I use. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to print glossy and matte labels without smudging? 

3 REPLIES 3

bubbletalk
Apprentice

Sorry I posted this in the wrong discussion. I am new and don't know how to move the topic to professional photo printers. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its under Paper Settings.  Paper Abrasion.

Canon : imagePROGRAF Manuals : PRO-300 series : Setting Items on Operation Panel

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your help. I should clarify the ink smears on the label after it has been printed. It does not dry properly on the labels, and it smears when it comes in contact with my finger or another piece of paper.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements