cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon image PROGRAF PRO-1000 Scratching Prints BADLY

waynerp
Apprentice

Hi All.

I have recently purchased an imagePROGRAF PRO-1000, and until today have only printed A3 size prints. Everything had been printing perfectly until I printed an A2 print. Both leading edges of the print are very badly scratched.

I have completed the roller clean function twice, and visually looked at everything and can not see anything that would be causing this issue

Can anyone give any advice on what to do to resolve this?

PXL_20231105_102503037.jpgPXL_20231105_115028693.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JoshSnider86
Contributor

Hi, Do your paper settings match the paper you're using? If not, the print head or the print head carriage could be rubbing against your paper if the paper is thicker than the setting you have. The print head adjusts automatically based on your settings. 

Also, your machine is sheet fed so if the paper is too rigid and there's any bending in the paper feed I could see it rubbing. If the paper you're using is curled before printing it could be the cause as well. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JoshSnider86
Contributor

Hi, Do your paper settings match the paper you're using? If not, the print head or the print head carriage could be rubbing against your paper if the paper is thicker than the setting you have. The print head adjusts automatically based on your settings. 

Also, your machine is sheet fed so if the paper is too rigid and there's any bending in the paper feed I could see it rubbing. If the paper you're using is curled before printing it could be the cause as well. 

Many Thanks for your reply.

I set the paper settings in the Canon Print & Layout Software. I am using a paper brand called Marrutt and their Pro Satin/Oyster paper for both A2 and A3. I have matched the paper as closely as possible to the option within the canon software. The paper is stored flat so there are no curls on the sheets.

I will double-check all the settings again closely as it has been a pricey waste of ink and paper this weekend

Many thanks for your advice

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon : imagePROGRAF Manuals : PRO-1000 series : Paper Detailed Settings

Look for Avoid Paper Abrasion.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi

Many thanks, i will have a check of all the settings

Announcements