cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice/opinion on upgrading Pro 9000 II to Pro 10 or maybe Pro 1

bobphill
Apprentice

Hi everybody - opinions welcomed please.

I currently run 2 x Pro 9000 Mk IIs and 1 x HP Designjet Z2100 44" (this runs exactly the same ink and printheads as the HP B9180 but a lot bigger).

I do a lot of printing for design and art students from the local university. Their work usually consists of a mixture of flat pale colour/grey, vivid photos, bad photos, design graphics, text .. everything on one A3 page .. many hundreds of different pages in their busy times. Predominantly on smooth white matte photo paper. 

I mainly use the 9000s for these but have always struggled with the 'magenta warm' appearance of the prints, especially on pale grey backgrounds and yellows. I experimented with many papers and have heeded the huge amount of advice on the 9000 being too warm, but have decided that I need to change.

For pure greyscale, I always use the Z2100 which is beautifully neutral, but it struggles a bit when it comes to some colours not 'popping'. It is also very slow and laborious to load single sheets.

Reading around the subject, the Pro 100 looks to have similar warm issues.

The Epson 3000 is an option, but am running very scared of clogging and wasted ink on swapping matte and photo papers.

So, for mainly but not always matte photo paper, would I be better served by the Pro 10 or maybe Pro 1? Quality-wise, the Pro 10 would definitely suffice. My concerns being that 1) The prints may still be a bit warm 2) The pigment ink would be rather dull on matte paper.

I so SO wish that HP had upgraded the B9180 with a better range of colours, similar to the Z3200!

Gentlepeople of Canon - I do hope you are noting this.

Many thanks in advance .....

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements