cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Printer Settings

mightypecan
Apprentice

I am having trouble getting advanced options to show up for my Pro 100 printer. I had no problem at all with my MG7700, but can't change much of anything with this new printer. For example I will show what displays for my MG7700, and what I see with Pro 100. What am I doing wrong? I've installed latest driver for macOS High Sierra. Thank you for your help!

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 9.47.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-20 at 9.47.58 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mightypecan
Apprentice

Update: I spoke with Canon support...it was an easy fix. My computer was overriding the Canon driver. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mightypecan
Apprentice

Update: I spoke with Canon support...it was an easy fix. My computer was overriding the Canon driver. 

I never saw that happen. What software was causing it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm not sure. The Canon support gentleman seemed to know immediately how to fix it. The correct Canon driver was loaded when the printer was connected via USB, but when installed wirelessley, the Apple driver took precedent. I even installed the Canon driver over and over, but it never went through I guess. I also have a Canon laser printer on our network, which had been running the Apple driver as well. It was never an issue with that one as much, but I did find it unusual that I had little control over printer settings...so I always used a computer running Windows to set it up the way I wanted. 

OK. I understand now. A USB printer is separate from a wifi printer and when the wifi printer was added. Installing the driver and adding a printer are two different processes. Thanks for responding.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements