cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A3+ paper size, Macintosh laptop driving Canon PRO-100

Mroak
Apprentice

I have a Canon PRO-100 printer connected to my Macintosh laptop.

The printer works fine for supported print sizes in the driver except for the A3+ size (not available in the print driver).

I own Canon Photo Paper Plus SG-201 paper it is 13” X19” / A3+ / 33 X 48 CM

The Canon PRO-100 printer driver does not have an A3+ size, the A3 size is 11.7” X 16.5” or 29.7 X 42 CM

Can someone give me a link to get a driver that has the A3+ paper size included.

Thanks

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you may have the Apple AirPrint driver installed.

Go to the Canon support site:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

and download the latest driver for your operating system.

Install the driver.

Then go to System preferences->Printers & Scanners and select the "+" button to add a printer.

Wait until the Canon IJ Series version of the printer appears. That should solve your problem.

Then delete the AiPrint version of the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you may have the Apple AirPrint driver installed.

Go to the Canon support site:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

and download the latest driver for your operating system.

Install the driver.

Then go to System preferences->Printers & Scanners and select the "+" button to add a printer.

Wait until the Canon IJ Series version of the printer appears. That should solve your problem.

Then delete the AiPrint version of the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Great answer John!  I have downloaded this driver several times and installed it but I must have deleted or used the wrong printer. I followed your instructions easily and yes up popped the A3+ size in the print size selection list. 

So thanks a lot.

Sorry for coming to this party about 3 years late, but I seem to be having the same problem.

I recently got a new MacBook Pro M1 Max (running Ventura 13.4.1).  I am trying to get my Pro-100 to print 13 x 19 photo paper in Photoshop 2023, but it does not list A3+ or SuperB/A3+ as an available paper option.  

I've looked through to find out if I have an AirPrint Driver installed for this printer, but it appears I do not.  I have removed the printer and re-installed multiple times, still no A3+.  Is there a fix for this, please?

Thanks in advance!

@sponsonhead wrote:

Sorry for coming to this party about 3 years late, but I seem to be having the same problem.

I recently got a new MacBook Pro M1 Max (running Ventura 13.4.1).  I am trying to get my Pro-100 to print 13 x 19 photo paper in Photoshop 2023, but it does not list A3+ or SuperB/A3+ as an available paper option.  

I've looked through to find out if I have an AirPrint Driver installed for this printer, but it appears I do not.  I have removed the printer and re-installed multiple times, still no A3+.  Is there a fix for this, please?

Thanks in advance!

It doesn’t always say AirPrint. When you select the printer info does it say Version 3? That would be AirPrint. 

I am assuming you downloaded and installed the latest driver from the Canon support site. Ends in .70

Then select the “+” icon to add a printer and wait the the Canon IJ Series driver to appear. Could take several minutes. Do not select the first one that appears. Wait for the second one. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the quick response.  The short answer is all is well now...here's the long answer in case anyone else ever has a similar issue.

I wasn't clear in my original assessment:  I neglected to mention that I was trying to connect to my PRO-100 on a home Windows Network.  So, I started off by removing the PRO-100 that was on my Mac as an available printer. Verified I had the latest and greatest driver from Canon. I did.

I started off by connecting it via a USB cord.  Mac picked it right up, installed it, and printed in any size I wanted, including 13 x 19. Cool.

I then tried to connect via my Wireless Home Network to the same printer.  It installed the printer, but again 13 x 19 was not an option for a paper size.

Walked away and took a deep breath. Woke up this morning and checked my Windows machine to confirm my Pro-100 was correctly connected to it, and on the network. It seems that at some point, Lord knows when or where, my PRO-100 was no longer listed as being shared on my home network. Shared the printer, and changed the name slightly on my shared PRO-100 so that I would see it easily when I attempted to connect it to the Mac via network.

Went thru the Add A Printer function on the Mac, saw my wireless network printer as an option.  Connected to it. Attempted to print a 13 x 19 print in Photoshop. A3+ paper listed! Success! Ran a test print and all is good.

So, all is good now.  Again, thanks for your help in getting me to think 🙂

Announcements